The CAPRI to MATLAB® Connector lowers the barrier for using CAD models for physics-based modeling and simulation tasks in MATLAB®.
It eliminates CAD rework and over-simplified representations that could result in errors between the real design intent and representations that you create in MATLAB®.
Introduce real CAD models early into your MATLAB® workflows to shorten product development cycles, save time, and cost.
Click on the videos to learn more about the features and capabilities.
- Load and Display a SolidWorks® Model
- Parametric Sweep of a Creo® assembly
- Extract mass properties and names from an assembly
- Load a STEP file, plot, and tessellate in MATLAB®
- Export a STL representation of a CAD part
- Modify a CAD shape for design optimization
- Extract two-dimensional slices from a 3D model
MATLAB® users can work with CAD models in their M-Scripts,
Query the geometry details such number of bodies, mass properties and other mechanical details,
Visualize CAD parts and assemblies,
Extract discrete representation for 1D, 2D, and 3D analyses,
Perform geometric operations such extracting 2D cross sections and details required for preliminary and conceptual analysis,
Drive the design intent such as features and parameters for DOE and optimization.